Home > Professional Training
The Bateson Clinic Provides advanced Training in Communication, Coaching and Clinical Treatment. Please click one of the training options listed below to select a course you would like to do. An application form is also available to download below.
Intensive Professional Training
Intensive training is available for qualified professional clinicians and clinical teams that will allow them to develop their skills and to learn and immerse themselves in the specific clinical protocols used at The Bateson Clinic ®.
Whether you want to focus on specific aspects of a chosen disorder or want expert training in treating resistant disorders we can tailor-make a training package to suit your needs. We also provide ongoing coaching and supervision in the model as clinicians engage with and implement the model into their daily practice.
What you can expect from our expert training:
- Highest quality training, grounded in the observation of successfully treated cases. Through this video based and live observation model we will offer an analysis of each psychopathology in all of its forms
- Planning: Learning how to plan a complete treatment
- Learning-by-doing: Each participant will be offered the opportunity through tested training processes to experience the use of the model for themselves
- Evaluation: Evaluation and supervision of ongoing cases
- Monitoring: We constantly monitor the training process, paying very close attention to feedback for “fine-tuning” of our programmes
Teaching Structure & Learning Outcomes
Training is specifically divided into three areas, direct teaching, learning through active experience and through the live observation of treated cases. Each day will be divided in this way.
Trainings usually begin with an Introduction to the History and The Evolution the model at this point we usually introduce participants to the theoretical and epistemological foundations of The Bateson Clinic® approach: cybernetics and the systemic revolution, constructivism, the pragmatics of communication, hypnosis without trance and strategic communication.
Participants will introduced to:
- Strategic Logic and the non-ordinary logics
- The construct of the attempted solution
- Introduction to the stratagems required to manage treatment resistance
- The principal operative, practical instrument of our Model: The Perceptive-Reactive-System and the attempted solutions in psychopathology
- Understanding the different phases of treatment of treatment
- Introduction to The Strategic Dialogue: Learn the difference between the conventional clinical diagnostic interview the Strategic Diagnostic Interventive interview process. The essential components of this operative-diagnostic interview are the orientation towards change: the techniques employed, the relationship required and language used. Understanding the principal techniques of persuasive communication and the use of:
- Question with illusion of alternatives
- Reframing paraphrasing process
- The art of rhetoric
- Recap so as to redefine